Learning the initial components of Photovoltaic solar systems
Before you go rushing into a solar store to purchase one, you first need to understand and learn about photovoltaic solar systems
What is a photovoltaic solar system?
A photovoltaic system belongs to a group of components that help convert sunlight into electricity. A system is composed of solar panels that utilize solar cells. Since a solar cell cannot absorb enough energy, you will need several cells to get the job done. These several cells when put together are called photovoltaic modules. The electricity generated can be stored, used directly or fed into a large electricity grid.
Photovoltaic solar systems are used in a number of ways, but it is primarily being used to power up homes and other commercial industries.
Breaking it down
Photovoltaic solar panels how they work, is that they are mounted on the roofs of homes or on automobile or any area that is exposed to sunlight. They work very quietly and do not cause any form of pollution. They need to have photovoltaic solar cells that help in the absorption of sunlight and turn the light into a low electrical current. Panels usually contain around 40 solar cells which are called an array.
You’ll find a lot of photovoltaic solar cells for sale from different solar stores as well as online. But what would make it an even greater idea is to build it yourself!
You might be asking “how to make a photovoltaic cell?” Well, here are quick, easy steps that you can follow to build one:
1. First step is to cut two pieces of copper. The size should be as big as your stovetop burner.
2. You will need to clean up the first piece to remove grease or any dirt. I recommend that you use sandpaper to remove all corrosion.
3. Light up your stove and turn it all the way up. Place the first copper directly on the burner. Leave it there for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Once done, go ahead and turnoff your stove and let the copper piece cool down a bit. This would approximately take 15 to 20 minutes.
5. After it’s cooled down, go ahead and wash the copper sheet in cold water.
6. Go ahead and get a cap from a 2 liter plastic bottle and cut off the top.
7. Put the two pieces of copper together and bend them slightly so that they will fit into the cut plastic bottle.
8. Use an alligator clip to connect leads to each piece of copper. Attach the clip from the unheated plate to the meter’s positive terminal.
9. Next step is to pour 2 tablespoon of salt into the water. Stir it until it dissolves. Pour the water into the bottle. Make sure the clops remain dry.
10. You can test it by watching the output according to the meter’s reading. The more sunlight applied to the solar cell, the more the meter should read.
Another method that is used to capture sunlight is through the use of thin film photovoltaic. It represents the latest in second generation solar cells. The semiconductors used act as direct band gaps enabling the solar cells to be very thin.
Photovoltaic heat pump is also something you should consider as it is a great energy-saver. It is a good alternative to the conventional air conditioning and furnaces. What it does is simply relocates the heat. It can be used for both summer and winter.