Learn How to Build A Solar Powered Generator
A solar powered generator is a good alternative for generators that are powered by gasoline or petroleum. They do not only help home and business owners save enormous amount of money but they are also great instruments in reducing greenhouse emission. These are the reasons why more and more people have either purchased one or started building their own for home and business use. Having one at home can help you and your family remain unaffected by power failure.
Here how it works in less complicated terms; solar powered generators convert solar energy into electrical energy. This energy is used to bring power to your lighting and water heating system as well as provide energy to run your electronics. It consists of solar panels that help in the process of absorbing the sun’s power.
Buying a brand new solar powered generator is quite expensive. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people have considered just building and installing one on their own. Based on reviews, solar power generators for home are easy to set up as long as you have all the equipment available, plus the technical know-how of putting things together.
There are do-it-yourself guides available online that come with complete graphic representation that you can refer to. The instructions are easy to understand and you’ll have less hassle in understanding the procedures. The cost of building your own solar power generator for home is just a fraction of the money you will need to spend should you choose to buy a brand new one.
Setting one up
If you think that "building solar generator for homes" is tough, think again. Here are the simple steps to take in order to put one together:
1. Go ahead and buy a solar panel. The size will depend on the amount of energy that you need. You can choose a 12 volt or higher at any solar store. These are highly recommended especially if you’re going to use the generator for your home.
2. You also need to purchase a rechargeable battery. You can get a deep cycle 12 volt lead or acid. In order to get your money’s worth, I suggest that you read consumer reviews first that are available in the online arena. Learn from the experience and feedback of those people who have purchase the same products so you can easily make well-informed decision later on.
3. Buy a battery box as well. This is not only to protect your batteries but also to keep them safe from your kids.
4. You will be needing 12 volt DC meter so go ahead and buy one.
5. Buy a DC input. The triplet inlet model works best.
6. It is a good idea to invest in an inverter if you plan to use your solar powered generator for all your home electronics. The device helps convert your battery stored DC power into altering AC current.
7. Close the battery box lid with a bungee cord and place it under the sun. The sun would then start charging the batteries. Give it around 5 to 8 hours for a completely dead battery and 1 to 3 hours to charge a weak one.
If you noticed, solar power generators for homes are not that difficult to install at all. But just in case you prefer not to build one by yourself, there are solar generators for sale in solar stores as well as in the internet.
Check out "harvester solar electric generator." It is a portable solar electric generator ideal for providing power when power sources are not available.