Quick Guide in Buying Used Solar Panel
Why should you even consider buying used solar panel? More and more people are now considering using solar power to their advantage. However, brand new solar panels usually have high tag prices. This is the reason why the demand for used panel has increased in the last couple of years. Buying second hand solar panels can actually work to your advantage as long as you make sure that they’re working perfectly before you buy them.
A solar panel is a composition needed in equipment that is used to absorb energy from the sun. That energy gets converted into electric power that can be used in homes. It helps people save on electric bills as well as contribute in keeping the environment clean.
Where to find cheap solar panels for homes
You can find used solar panel for home use in different solar stores. However, if you don’t feel like going out, you can go ahead and use the internet where you’ll find second hand solar panels that are still in good condition. If you’re buying from eBay, I highly recommend that you transact with sellers who have proven track record. Also, inquire about the flaws of the solar panel that you would like to buy and ensure that they can still be repaired. Ask about the seller’s refund policy. Get to know this information before you make a purchase. Don’t forget to haggle.
What to watch out for when buying used panels:
No one really knows the life span of a used panel. Even the oldest kinds are still working until today. Here are some things that you want to consider when buying used solar panels:
• Just like when buying any second-hand merchandise, expect that the used solar panel that you’re going to get may have some damages. You need to make sure that they can still be repaired using minimum amount of time, effort, and energy. You don’t want to spend more money on repairs as you would when buying a brand new solar panel, right?
• As much as possible, buy those used panels that were just recently manufactured. Obviously, those that were manufactured just 5 years ago will perform a lot better compare to those that were produced 25 years ago.
• Appearance shouldn’t be the only factor to consider when buying a used solar panel. Even it looks old, I still suggest that you test it to make sure that it still works.
List of common problems of used solar panels that can be repaired:
• Burned out diodes can easily be fixed.
• Loose connections between solar cells can be fixed by soldering.
Brand new solar panels can be really expensive. If you don’t have enough money to shell out or if you want to simply save some precious dimes, it’s highly recommended that you go for inexpensive solar panels. As long as you do your homework and ensure that the used solar panels you buy are working perfectly, you have a guarantee that they’ll get the work done without burning your pockets.
You can also get used solar hot water panels if you plan to replace or install one. Again, they won’t be hard to find. You can start by asking friends or neighbors if they have any that they plan on throwing out. Who knows, you might just get lucky. If that’s not an option, I suggest that you look for used solar hot water panels by going to solar stores that sell second hand merchandise. Take time when shopping around. You don’t want to miss discounts and big sales.